Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving week...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

We didn't do too terribly much over the week long holiday.  I had just completed 3 months of subbing in Pre-K in Gianna's former and current schools so I was good and worn out. We did a lot of hanging out at home and resting and playing.
Here are a few minor highlights:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We dropped off our packed shoebox to Operation Christmas Child.  Even though our school does it, we've made it a tradition to bring it the day they are loading up the trucks for delivery to headquarters.  I love how the volunteers always tell Gianna what a difference she's making in a very specific way. There were 36,000 boxes sent from our area.  So impressive!

Cool view of a sunset while descending the stairs at the civic center.... 


Went to see the new Peanuts movie which was really enjoyable with such a good message...

Attended my 30th high school reunion.  You read that correctly.  I'm completely gobsmacked that it's  even  possible that I'm over thirty, much less 30 years out of high school.  Bizarre.  It was nice seeing so many familiar faces. (I have lots to say about the experience, but we'll save that for another time.)

And in my absence, my daughter learned how to ride her bike without training wheels with the help of our wonderful (former) neighbors.  Thank God for them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails