I have been scrapbooking long before it became an unbelievable multi-million dollar craze. I started when I was a kid with the simplest supplies and continued through adulthood and then jumped on the bandwagon (to a much lesser degree than the hardcore scrappers!) when it became a national past-time.
Then I hit a brick wall. Several things happened.
* I had way more supplies than I had room for.
* I had much less time than I used to.
* It became a huge commitment that I couldn't keep up with.
* I was tired of dragging all my supplies out, finally getting a few pages dones, and have to put them
all away again a few hours later.
And then, as a gift for my godchild's first birthday, I tried my hand at a digital scrapbook. Oh my word! I was an instant convert. Shutterfly has been my favorite company to work with and I have chronicled our family history, our daughter's life and many special occasions through this simple, creative, fun and addictive process.
Here's what I love:
* There's no mess. Just my laptop - which is always out anyway.
* I can work whenever I have time - late at night, on vacation, during naptime, etc.
* I upload it and then it comes to my front door days later.
* The costumer service is outstanding. They have even reprinted one of my books I was unsatisfied
with - at no additional cost to me.
* I can make copies of my books for grandparents and godparents, etc. (Easy gift giving - since the
work is only done once.)
* They take of significantly less room than big huge bulky scrapbooks.
* They are super easy to tote around and show off.
* It is much cheaper than traditional scrapbooking - and there's no need to print out pictures!
Here are a few of my daughter's books. We treasure them and the memories they hold.
Gianna's 2nd Birthday
First Year - Volume 4
First Year - Volume 3
First Year - Volume 2
First Year - Volume 1