Monday, September 26, 2011

Outside

Well, autumn may not have made it's way down to Southwest Louisiana quite yet, but the temperatures have allowed us to go outside for more than 30 seconds at a time without the risk of melting.
When we took a blanket outside to lie down and watch the clouds, Gianna put her hands behind her head and sighed,
"Ahhhh......the sounds of nature."
(I laughed so hard I could hardly catch my breath.  I asked where she heard that before.  "Peppa Pig," she said, "when they were camping.")
Some of precious friends came to visit and spent some time with Gianna.
She was eating it up.
And Gianna took great joy in showing (and pulling apart) lovebugs for Christa.  (I'm beginning to think that the lovebugs are a plague - not a season. How HORRIBLE are they this year?!)
Playing with her sandtable - with pink sand. Yes, they make pink sand.
(Wal-mart garden section. They have blue too!)
I just love these pictures of her on the swing.
Looking forward to cooler temps and much more time outdoors.
Have a good fall y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't been back to check on you, but I'm glad to see that you are both taking little steps forward. It also seems like you are doing everything you can to make this real for Gianna and to talk with her about it instead of hiding it from her. I know that this tears your heart apart everyday, watching her miss him and knowing you can't fix it. I am praying for you and wish I could be there to give you a great big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my visits with you two, and I'm looking forward to many more in the near future! (I love the swing pictures!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her face has changed- she's looking more grown up. Sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails