Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Louisiana Swamp Tour

My sister-in-law and her fiance' came through Louisiana and stayed a few days as they moved from California to Florida.  It was at the beginning of Gianna's Easter break so I planned a swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin for the four of us.  I'd always wanted to experience that, so I figured their visit was a perfect excuse. We went through Atchafalaya Basin Landing & Marina and I was ever so pleased. They give air boat tours, so I figured if the tour was a bust - the air boat experience would have at least been novel.

When I googled air-boats to show Gianna a video - I had totally underestimated how loud they were.   Thank heavens I could prepare Gianna beforehand since she's got issues with loud noises.

I realized later that they provide protective headphones.


I'm sure the out of state tourists just eat this up.



The air boat ride was really cool.  These things go on land too!

There were other kids in the boat up front who invited Gianna to sit with them.  I think this helped  avoid a little panic session when the boat started up.



Geraldine and Tony.













I did not take the below picture, but Tucker the Tour Guide sure did this to the alligator, which he called by name, and also gave it a big kiss on the mouth.  Do you think that freaked out my child?  Nope - she wanted a turn.
This photo of Atchafalaya Basin Landing & Marina- Swamp Tours is courtesy of TripAdvisor



Under the Atchafalaya Bridge.  So pretty.



It was a grand day.


Here's a quick slideshow of my pics.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails