Saturday, June 05, 2010

Kansas City - Part II - Family

(If you missed the first post, you can find it HERE.)
It was over a year since Gianna and her Kansas City grandparents saw each other.
A welcomed, long-overdue reunion...
Abuelito having fun with Gianna.
Sweet Moments.
And this was our nephew, Stephen, when I first went to Kansas City seven years ago:
He was 7 or 8 then, and here he is now along with his grandparents and cousin.
He has grown into a fine young man...

When he was little, he stuck to me like glue during our visits.  I would always plan to make some fun project (usually food related) while we were there, and he'd always look forward to it and talk about it for days/years afterward.
It had been two years since we'd since him this time.  I thought maybe since he was 15 and in high school, that he wouldn't want much to do with us when we were there.
I was wrong.  When I spoke with him on the phone, he asked me in his newly deep voice,
"Um, Aunt Maria, are we going to make something this year?"
We did.
Homemade pizza...
...and Oreo Truffles.
Yum.
Gianna was starstruck by Stephen the whole visit.  She called his name incessantly, but was very shy around him.  I wasn't leaving without a few pictures of the two of them.
My favorite:
Knuckles!
You can find the next KC post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails