Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Jelly Book - Holiday Edition

Living in Lewis Land provides a fair amount of entertainment for those who dwell here. 
This Jelly Book entry might back up that claim. :)

* * * * *

Gianna: Mommy. I want to go see Mary.
Me:  Mary? Which Mary, Gianna?
Mary from the Na-tiffany (Nativity)

* * * * *
Gianna has spent a lot of time playing with her nativity set.
One day we heard, "Hold on Jesus, we go for a ride."
Lucky little Jesus got a ride on a sheep.

* * * * *

G lined all the nativity cast of characters up in a semi-circle.
"C'mon guys.  I take your picture."

* * * * *
We were in the car listening to Christmas music.  One particular selection was orchestral.
I heard, "Oh! I was surprised. And a little scary." (scared).
"Why were  you surprised, Gianna."
"Those cymbals were crashing - LOUD."

* * * * *

At the beginning of December, I realized I needed to work on expounding upon the concept of Santa Claus when I asked Gianna if she knew what Santa brings for Jesus' birthday. 
 Her response, "EGGS!"

* * * * *
G was watching Sesame Street's Hanukkah themed show.  I was cleaning the kitchen.  I heard a very irritated little voice say,  "Mommy, I said Sesame Street!  Elmo's not here!"

* * * * *
One day Gianna's had a mosquito bite that she must have scratched during the night.  When she woke up she discovered a little bit of fresh blood on her arm. 
"Uh-oh, Mommy!  I leaking."

* * * * *
Gianna:  Mommy, I've been thinking......
Me (laughing):  Oh really?
Gianna:  Yes.  I want to go to the library.
(How old is this kid?)

* * * * *

After every song that plays on a CD, she taps her finger on her chin and says,
"Hmmm.....let's see what's next."

* * * * *
"HAHAHAHA."
"Mommy, I so happy (that) I (am) laughing!"

* * * * *

Usually when I'm busy doing chores and G is getting a little bored she'll say,
"Hey Mommy. you wanna go to Wal-mart?"
If I say, "Not right now. Maybe later." she often says,
"How 'bout the red store?"  (Target!)

* * * * *

Gianna gets a kick out of whistling.  Like many kids her age, G's whistle is a high pitched squeal.  Her version also includes her index finger over her mouth. (No clue what that's about.) 
Iain realized that she's figured out that you can use a whistle to summon people when he took her to Lowe's and she sported one of her impressive whistles.
Just as soon as she whistled, someone turned the corner and started walking down their isle toward them.  With widened eyes and a surprised look, she said,
"Daddy!  I called a man!"

* * * * *
She started calling me "Yo-Yo Mommy"  --- for fun.
She thinks it's hilarious. :)

* * * * *

Getting ready to meet friends at the park, I noticed Gianna was warm and had a low-grade temp.  I brought her to the children's Clinic to check her ears.  Gianna informed the doctor that we were going to the park. By this time, the weather worsened and it was in the low 40's.  The doctor said, "Oh...it's too cold to go to the park."  Her response, "But I just a little bit sick."


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are these posted as if you are surprised that such things come out of her mind/mouth? This is YOUR baby GIRL, Maria!

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails