Saturday, August 06, 2011

Jelly Book - volume 7

I keep a "JELLY BOOK" of some of the entertaining things that Gianna says and does.
Here's my latest entry...

Spring/Summer 2011

* * * * *
Gianna often wants to know if random people are happy. Usually she asks us right after she gets into trouble.  When we went to Florida we were driving to her uncle's house:
G: "Is Uncle Robert happy?"
Me:  Oh, I bet he's in heaven right now. (Referring to him having his whole family visiting him.)
G: Uncle Robert died?

* * * * *
Me:  Gianna, why are you blinking so much?
G:  Well, I think my allergies are trying to come out.

* * * * *

G:  No, Mommy - not in the sun!  I want to live in the dark shade.

* * * * *
At a children's concert talking about the song, "Whatcha want to be when you grow up?"

Me:  What do YOU want to be Gianna? (She usually says doctor of fireman.)
G:  Frweee.
Me:  You just turned three, Gianna.
G: Oh. Then Frwee and a half.

* * * * *

Prior to that same concert, I'd asked G several times what she wanted to be when she grew up.
Consistantly her answer was, "A boy."
Well, I did tell her she could be anything she wanted. (Gosh, I sure hope I'm not going to be in the same support group as Cher!)

* * * * *
G:  Mommy, come with me. Quick!
Me: What's wrong, Gianna.
G:  Jesus, is on the ceiling. Come look!
My curiosity piqued, I quickly followed her.
G:  Look Mommy, he's up there!
(Pointing to the crucifix above the door.)
G: You see him?  He rose from the dead!!!!

* * * * *
During nighttime prayer:
Me:  Is there anything you're are thankful for tonight?
G:  Black.
Me:  Umm..... Black? You want to tell me more about that?
G:  Yes...I am thankful for black choc-o-late.  When I'm four could you make me a choc-o-late cake?  I like the white cake, but I LOVE choc-o-late cake!

* * * * *
Another night during prayer:
G:  ...God bless Sophia, baby Joseph, and Ms. Nichole...(smiles)...Rock and Roll, Ms. Nichole.....(proud grin)....that rhymes!

* * * * *
After a a good ten minutes of her attempt to fight her nap, I entered her room only to find her out of bed (which she rarely tries) and playing with her dollhouse. 
"Gianna?!" I said sternly.
"Oh, hi Mommy, I had a lovely sleep!" 
Nice try, dumpling.

* * * * *
As I was driving (about 35mph) after being stopped at a traffic light for several minutes Gianna said in a very concerned voice:
"Woa! Mommy. What are you doing? Why are you going so fast?  Gentle, Mommy, Gentle!"

* * * * *
Gianna's not sick very often, but every now and then after she cries (new pastime) she complains,
"Oh no, Mommy! Now I'm all 'snuffy!'"

* * * * *
Gianna was crying after she had gotten scolded and said,
"Oh NO! I can't see."
I started getting concerned and asked, "Gianna, why can't you see?"
"Because of the drips in my eyes."

* * * * *
One day we stopped for a train on our way home.  As we watched it pass, Gianna asked me,
"Hey Mommy, Is that train going west?"
(Not left, but WEST.   I actually had to see where the sun was setting to figure out that the train was indeed traveling westward.  Geez!)

* * * * *
I can count on my right hand how many times I've had to wake Gianna up in the morning.
Last week was one of those times.
She was so groggy and could barely open her eyes.
Me:  Wake up, Sleepyhead, we have to go to swimming lessons and the funeral home.
Gianna (barely able to lift her head):  Ummm....maybe Saturday.
Me: (laughing) No, not Saturday, today.
Gianna:  Or how 'bout Christmas?

* * * * *
Lately, we've had a lot of family friends who have passed away.  I'm pretty impressed by her understanding of the difficult concept.

G:  Mommy, George died? 
Me:  Yes Gianna, he did.
G:  George went to heaven?
Me:  Yes Gianna, that's right.
G:  Mommy, we're all going to die.
Me: Well, eventually - yes.
G:  But Mommy, I don't want to die yet.
Me:  Me neither, Gianna.  Let's wait.

* * * * *
I gave Gianna some frosted mini wheats for a morning snack.
About 20 minutes later she came up to me,
G:  Mommy, can I have something to eat?
Me:  Gianna, I just gave you mini wheats that you didn't eat.
G:  But Mommy, I DID eat them.
Me:  Gianna, the bowl is full.
G:  Yeah, but I only ate the 'cream'.

* * * * *
Another time she did the same thing with pretzels....licked the salt off, left the pretzels.

* * * * *
Soaking wet after playing on the Slip-n-Slide, Gianna says,
"Mommy, can I go on the swing?
Not wanting to stay outside, I replied,
"Well, Gianna you're all wet.  It'll be very slippery."
Gianna's response:
"So, Mommy.....how bout you put me in the swing.....and then if I'm too wet and slippery, THEN we can go inside."
Who's going to say no to that logic?

* * * * *
On the swing:
"Hey Mommy, wanna push me Super Pie?''

* * * * *

G:  Oh no. It's brokeeen.
 (I love the way she says broken and rarely correct her.)

* ** * *
My dad was recently in the hospital and on our way to visit him we spoke with a hospital worker emptying out a trashcan in the hallway.
G:  And what is YOUR name?
Worker:  I'm Carmen.  What is your name?
G:  I'm Gianna.  What are you doing Carmen?
Worker:  I work here.
G:  Oh, good.  My PePaw is here and he's sick.  Can you make him better?

{melt}

* * * * *
The first day of swim lessons, the precious instructor tried and tried to get G to put her head under water.  Finally, she looked at him, tilted her head and said,
"Mr. CJ, I'm just a little kid!"

* * * * *
We had a large packing box that Gianna turned on it's side and turned into a rocket.
We just read a book from the library called Mail Harry to the Moon (so cute) and she asked me if I could send her to the moon in her rocket.
Every time she got in the box I'd begin the countdown....
Five, four, three, two, one....
The door (lid) would fly open and Gianna would have a panicked expression and
say, "Ummm....Mommy, can you come to the moon with me?"
Me:  Oh Gianna, I can't today.  I have to cook supper.
G:  Well, can Max come with me?
Me:  No, silly. Max is a dog.  He can't go to the moon.
You'll be okay.  Ready?  Five, four, three, two, one.....
G: NOOO.  I don't want to go to the moon!
Me:  But I thought you wanted to go?
G:  Yeah...but I'm just a little nervous.
Me:  Really? Why?
G:  Mommy? Is this for pretend?

* * * * *

I love my Jelly Book Girl!

1 comment:

  1. Maria, I just LOVE reading the things that she says! She is adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails