Thursday, August 18, 2011

Obituary


 
Iain Fitzgerald Lewis, 40, of Moss Bluff, LA passed away from this life Saturday, August 13, 2011 in his residence.
Iain was born in Jinotepe, Nicaragua on April 5, 1971.  He moved to the United States with his family in 1978 and lived in Florida , Colorado and Kansas until he graduated from North West High School in Wichita, Kansas .  He began college at the University of Kansas and achieved his chemical engineering degree in only 3 and a half years.

After working in Houston for a short time he made his way to Lake Charles , LA where he had a long career at BioLab, Inc.  For the last five years he has been a devoted and revered employee at PPG.
  
Those left to cherish his memory are his beloved wife of seven years, Maria Tartamella Lewis and his beautiful three year old daughter, Gianna Elyse Lewis of Moss Bluff; his parents, Dr. Soledad and Dr. Gerald Lewis of Bonner Springs, KS; a sister, Geraldine Lewis and Anthony Salvato of Bonner Springs, KS; two brothers, Dr. Robert Lewis and his wife Angelique of Tampa, FL and Gerald Lewis, Jr. and wife Lesbia of Jinotepe, Nicaragua; a niece, Madeleine Lewis of Tampa, FL; two nephews, Stephen Lewis of Bonner Springs, KS and Duilio Lewis of Jinotepe, Nicaragua; mother and father-in-law, Angel and Frank Tartamella of Lake Charles; and a brother-in-law, Vinnie Tartamella of Lake Charles.
 
Iain will be remembered for his brilliant mind, kind nature, gentle spirit, loyal friendships, hilarious sense of humor, encouraging words, strong devotion to his family and his deep love for his wife and daughter.  His memory will be cherished and his presence will be missed beyond measure.
A funeral mass will be held at 11:00 AM on Thursday, August 18, 2011 in Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Church.  Monsignor Daniel Torres will officiate.  Fr. Wayne LeBleu, Fr. Whitney Miller, and Monsignor Charles Dubois will concelebrate.  Burial will be in Consolata Cemetery under the direction of Johnson Funeral Home.  Visitation will be held on Wednesday from 11:00 AM until 9:00 PM.  A rosary will be held at 3:00 PM and a scripture service will be held at 7:00 PM.  Visitation will continue on Thursday from 8:00 AM until 10:45 AM.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Abrazando Cristo Mission Program to Nicaragua, 414 Iris St., Lake Charles, LA 70601; or to New Life Counseling, 631 E. School St., Lake Charles , LA 70607 .

Words of comfort to the family may be expressed at www.johnsonfuneralhome.net.

14 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Maria. I saw the post on another bloggers blog and came over here. May the Angels and Saints provide and comfort and consolation during this time of grieving and loss. I will be praying for Ian and the whole family. In Christ, Marie Bauman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog, I came here from a different one--just wanted to say I am so very sorry for your loss, and you will all be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read your blog until today, but I wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your daughter during this extremely difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I've never read your blog until today, but I wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your daughter during this extremely difficult time." <--This. Praying foo you & Iain's soul as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, sorry I didn't have much time to visit. Please know I think and pray for you often. Hope the book helps little Gianna heal and always remember her daddy's spirit is forever with her.
    Much Love-

    Kimberley Olney Trunick

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to your blog. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Offering my day for you. The Lord's plan for your family makes no sense to me in this moment, but I trust He has great plans for your family here, and in heaven. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria our prayers continue for you and Gianna.
    Love,
    The Trouth Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am new to your blog and am devastated by your loss. Your family has been heavy on my heart all day. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so very sorry. Praying for you and Gianna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. Like others here, I came to your blog via another. I pray God gives you peace, comfort and wonderful friends to help you. I am sorry for your loss.

    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. My prayers and thoughts are with you. You and your BEAUTIFUL daughter will make it. I have been there and it is a rough road but the bumps get smaller.
    My heart swells with love and hope for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so, so sorry, Maria. I am new to your blog, but I have been praying for your husband's soul since hearing about this the other day. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria,
    I started reading your blog a month or so ago, and I am so saddened to read the news about your husband. I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails