Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just a little off the top...

The week after Iain died I was trying to find fun little excursions for Gianna.  I happened to pass the children's haircutting place by my folks' house and pulled in to trim up her hair.  Fun little experience. 

Last week, I went back again only to find out the would be closing their doors that very day.  (That was a short run!) The sylist was a girl I knew years ago and Gianna chatted with her like she was a grown up. Here how the conversation went:

Gianna:  And what is your name?
Stylist:  Michelle
Gianna:  Hi Ms. Michelle, I'm Gianna.  I'm frwee.
Stylist: Hi Gianna, it's so nice to meet you.
Gianna:  It's nice to meet you too.  Do you have any little kids?
Stylist:  I have two kids, they're teenagers.
Gianna: Oh. Do you have a house?
Stylist: Yes I do.
Gianna:  Oh....well, would you like to show me a picture of your house?
Stylist: I don't have one with me. How old are you again?
Gianna:  Frwee.  And you should be careful with those scissors. Don't cut yourself!


The next week when I told her that I needed to get Ms. Michelle to give me a haircut, she laughed hysterically.  I asked her what was so funny about that and she said, "Mommy, you can't fit in the firetruck!!!"   Funny kid.

2 comments:

  1. We tried to get Joseph's hair cut there for his first cut and we called and they closed their doors two days earlier :( I was so diappointed!

    Glad Gianna had fun though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Crew Cuts and Pigtails? Why are they closing?

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails