Friday, May 25, 2012

Look Alike Doll

My inlaws sent me an email this week that said they had just mailed a special doll to Gianna.  They said they had an old neighbor back in Nicaragua who handmakes personalized dolls.  They sent her a pictuer of Gianna and the lady made one.  My father-in-law just returned from Nicaragua and picked up the dolls (they had one made for Gianna's cousin, Madeleine too.) 

Today we received the package in the mail.  Gianna and I were both so excited and surprised.  Here's the doll:


Here's the picture:
Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?  I'm so impessed.  And it's super simple too.  Just made out of foam sheets and standing on top of a covered CD.  And the details are incredible.  Look at the flowers on the shoes.  I love the fact that she captured Gianna's signature look. 

I think I might find a little shadow box to place the doll and the picture in.  I'm so excited to have such a special keepsake from the place where Gianna's daddy grew up. 


Thank you Tito and Tita!! We just love this special gift.

(By the way:  Gianna keeps saying how much she loves her Japanese doll.  A family friend recently sent her a doll from Japan and I guess she can't get it out of her mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails