Monday, July 22, 2013

Understated Milestones

Everyone makes a big deal about those significant milestones in a baby's life:  rolling over, crawling, walking, first words, etc.  My blog is proof of that, for sure.  But I have noticed there are milestones that might not be so celebrated but are HUGE in making life easier for us/ME!
 
The first of these I sort of spear-headed last summer as we prepared for our first school experience.  I needed her to be able to buckle herself in her carseat.  It took a little patience (for BOTH of us) but we were equally as proud for the mastery of that little task.  Holy Cow! That has made the biggest difference in my day.  A year later, I'm still grateful. (I don't remember saying that about her crawling/walking!)
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Then one day, instead of coming directly to me when she woke up, I heard her little pitter-pattering feet for about five minutes until she appeared ---- FULLY DRESSED, bed made, hair-brushed, ready for the day.  Woa
 
 
And then, later that week I caught her shampooing her own hair.  HALLELULIAH!
HUGE, I tell ya! 
(Not sure what this expression is.)

Even got it on video. It wasn't my choice of shampoo - but I wasn't about to complain.
 



So, here's to the understated milestones! 

* * * * * * * * * * * *
And here's a little Jelly Book entry related to the topic....
 
G: Mommy, why do they call it shampoo?
Me: Not sure - everything has to have a name. (was getting weary answering that question for everything under the sun...)
G: but why does something that is supposed to clean your hair have "poo" in the name?
Me: Hmm - good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails