Friday, November 01, 2013

Halloween 2013

We had several days warning that the weather was going to be nasty on Halloween. 
Lots of towns around us changed Trick-or-Treating to the day before.  Not our town.
 
So, the day before, I dressed her up....

For a YEAR, she'd been begging me to be Wendy from Peter Pan.  OBSESSED!
I happened to find a lady online whose family makes Wendy costumes and other really sweet, modest costumes.  (Kelly's Costumes)  So worth it!  I ordered it large and hemmed it with fabric tape so she'll get a few years of use out of it. It came in the mail two days later.
 

My parents' church moved their Trunk or Treat to the day before due to the impending weather.  We got there to greet several hundred other people desperate to get use out of their costumes.  Poor church ran out of stuff in no time at all.  I think Gianna got 10 pieces of candy. :)
 
But thankfully, my sweet friend texted that their neighborhood decided to move Halloween to that night too.  Lacey saved the day! She's the mom of one of Gianna's school friends.
 
 
We met at her house and found some of Gianna's other classmates too.


 Gianna's fascinated with all the creepy stuff....
 We saw my godchild, Nate, there too.

 
Oh, and here's the funniest part of the evening....
Everyone in the neighborhood went trick-or-treating by way of GOLF CART.
I've never seen anything like it.




The experiences my child has are certainly varied and interesting!

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
And on Halloween Night, our neighbors got together at one of the houses since we knew there would be no Trick-or-Treating.
Matthew was a ghost, but ran to put last year's costume on once he found "his Wendy"!!
So cute.

You think she liked her costume?


 
Even though the weather was horrible all day, guess what happened just in time?
I guess the trick was on us...
 
So once AGAIN, we went Trick-or-Treating.
 
 Some of the crew...



 
The candy we got was RIDICULOUS! I have no idea what to do with it all.
 
But this little imp was excited....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails