Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Joy

Our first Easter activity was morning Mass. The church was packed, which we expected. Little Miss Sunshine has become quite the performer during the service these days. She doesn’t miss a THING and even has various people playing peekaboo with her several pews back. She sings along with the choir, claps her hands and even sings after the choir sings their last note. We made it all the way to the homily before she thought she’d rival Fr. Whitney for the attention of the congregation. Yep, that's our cue....Destination: Cry Room.
I volunteered Iain to bring her to the cry room (I always go) and he came back in time for communion with wide eyes whispering, “She’s a NUT!” (Oh dear.) It seems as though she saves all her little tricks and stunts for the captive audience of the cry room. She knows how to wave, but refuses to do it on command UNTIL the cry room. Waved at ever person in there. She thinks all the crying babies are talking to her – so she talks back – or mimics them (louder if they don’t respond.) She performed “Itsy Bitsy Spider,” Patty Cake, and a few other favorites. I taught her how to turn lights on and off and she thought she’d try to lunge over Iain's shoulder and give it a go at church too. Seems like our little Shekky Lewis was really Yuckin' it Up for her new friends.
Before we headed over to my parents house for the day, our little 5 year old neighbor, Sheridan, came over in her Easter dress to take a picture with Gianna. She asked if she could take Gianna to Kindergarten for Show and Tell. How cute is that?
She got a little walker from my Mom & Dad and loves it even though she can only walk backwards. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!!!
Oh – I almost forgot. Every year growing up my grandmother used to bake our Easter cake: a decorated lamb cake (not made out of lamb, but in the SHAPE of a lamb!) When she passed away some years ago – I was so sad that I was unable to locate the mold. Well, now with Gianna here I was determined to revive that family tradition. I found a mold on the internet, baked a HOMEMADE pound cake and then with my pastry bag and icing, started the laborious task of “woolin’ up the little sheep.” Dear heavens, I think I now have arthritis! It was okay for my first try, but I’m ordering Gianna’s 1st birthday cake tomorrow.
Oh and I also made Gianna’s Easter Basket. Well, I wove it. No joke…. I really did! (I didn't just sit down and do it --- I took a class and we finished it in one night.)
We remembered our sweet little Maddie & Collin in a special way this Easter. It was a year ago, when they were with us for Easter. We can hardly believe it's been a year since we've seen them. Our prayers are with them daily. Most people reading this know our story. Too long to explain here. If you're interested and have insomnia one night, here's the link to the story of that special journey. http://lewislandadoption.blogspot.com/ Please pray for their safety and well-being.

Enjoy a blessed Easter season and an allergy-free spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails