Saturday, September 12, 2009

The best part of waking up...

I mean, really.....could there be anything better to wake up to in the morning?I think not.
Okay, so maybe a great big dimple flashed your way is a little bit better.
(Oh - and would you believe that THIS was her worst hair day ever! A little cowlick in the back. That's as bad as it's gotten. Turkey.)
I remember all those days when I wondered if/when a little being would occupy that crib. That little face makes that long wait SO worth it.

And on a sidenote: In the above photos, you'll notice she's sporting a sleepsack over her pajamas.
For the last 2 months, we've been putting Gianna in a Sleepsack (wearable blanket) before she goes to bed. A friend of mine with a 15 month old swore by hers and gave one to us for G's birthday. (Thank you Laurie!!!) I thought Gianna was too old for one and really thought they were for winter or cold climates. Wrong. I figured I'd get a bit of a fight trying to start a new practice this late in the game. Wrong again.
I've avoided putting a blanket in her crib at night b/c she was at a higher risk of SIDS than many babies. A couple of month ago, I figured she was old enough to not worry so much about a blanket. I covered her (with a blanket probably a little too big) and 30 minutes into her sleep she let out a blood curdling scream. I could tell it was a panic scream so I ran in to find her with her feet through the crib bars and the blanket wrapped tightly around her upper body - head included. Freaked me out. Freaked her out too.
Anyway, I was thrilled to try the sleepsack since we keep it pretty cool in the house at night. Two major changes - she's been sleeping longer by about 45 minutes a night, and she hasn't had a diaper leak which we just started dealing with. I've gotta say, I'm a big fan.
The brand we have is HALO. I'm ordereing another one so I can alternate them when they need to be washed.
They make them from preemie to XL (30 plus pounds)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I would love that smile to greet me in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I'm not preggers! But I am going straight to an online retailer to buy a sleep sack. My chunky monkey has been catching his limbs in his crib too. I never thought about a sleep sack. You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails