Friday, January 18, 2013

A Day with Jess

Our sweet, sweet Jessie.  One of our favorite beings on the planet. 

Today when I picked up Gianna from school, I had Jessie in tow as a surprise.  Gianna was beside herself and quickly suggested we celebrate with frozen yogurt. We did and Gianna was quite the little social butterfly as she greeted a few of her school friends and their families and offered to tell them all about all the different flavors of yogurt.

We then went to the Civic Center to feed the ducks, pigeons, geese and other strange little birds. I've said it before - it quickly turns into a scene out of a Hitchcock movie - but it's so fun.





Gianna made friends with some cute little girls.  
Their  momma said, "Ms. Maria? Is that you?"  
Great.
One of the kids I worked with in youth ministry when I did a lot of diocesan work.
Small little world.
She asked me: Is that your daughter?
Me:  Yep. She's mine.
Her:: And your granddaughter?
Me:  Umm no? Daughter.
(Then I realized she thought Jessie was my daughter and Gianna was my granddaughter.)
Me:  No, no, no.  The little one is my daughter.
I would love to have had a picture of her face while she was trying to process all this. This momma's mother is only a year older than me (they all started their families really young.)
And so begins the confused fun of the multitudes.  It doesn't bother me, and Gianna hasn't yet figured out that I'm a more 'seasoned' mother. Won't that be a hoot?



 We went to back to my parents and Gianna and Jessie played - and then Jessie pulled out the guitar.  Gianna was amazed and told Jessie she must be on the radio.  (She's THAT amazing of a musician and song-writer!) We are so blessed to have her in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the birds! I love your Hichcock reference...it's so true! I feel that way at Sonic, yikes! Gianna's bob is just the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails