Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chile & Chili

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was riveted, inspired, touched and blessed by the
miraculous rescue of the Chilean mine workers.
Since I've become a mother, I am little ashamed to admit that there is little of the news that I'm able to tolerate.  It brings me to such a sad place that I avoid about 90% of it.  Terrible, I know, but I feel that for this short chapter in my life I need to save my mental energy for my vocation here in Lewis Land.

There was no way, however, I could escape the reports of the amazing rescue of the Chilean miners.  It moved me to my core.  That last miner who was their leader and mentor has become a new personal hero of mine. What unbelievable foresight, strength, courage and faith! He is the truest version of a servant leader.

In honor of the heroism and patriotism and faith of the miners and people of Chile,
I thought it was only appropriate that we celebrated with them....
with Chili for supper in our little corner of the world.  (Okay, I know it's a stretch, but I didn't know what else to do and well, I'm just not into pinatas.)

I've mentioned before that Gianna often asks me to feed her.  I don't fight it too often but encourage her to eat on her own as often as possible.  Finger foods are fine, but veggies and soups etc, are usually a bit of a struggle.  She went to town on the chili last night.
Purdy, huh?
 
As Iain and I were talking, we realized that our precious child decided to have a little show with her supper.  Literally!

I'm sure you can guess that bath time followed this video.

1 comment:

  1. Gianna is so funny!! YOU are soo funny...I think this video is much more entertaining beacause we know both of you so well! PS- I agree...the miner rescue was very touching.

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails