Saturday, August 08, 2009

Pears and Pairs

Apparently (or a'pear'antly) we are fruit tree growers. Who knew? We've had 3 pear trees since we moved into this house and they didn't bear fruit the first couple of years and last year the pears were not what you'd consider 'edible'. Every year Iain pays some attention to them, fertilizing them at the very least. This year, he did nothing. This year, we have pears, This year, we have abundant pears. This year we have YUMMY pears. And, thanks to our negligence, we also have organic pears. A'pear'antly we have a little bit of green in our thumbs....or just plain ol' dumb luck. Regardless, we've got pears....and we're happy.
Oh -- and we don't pick the pears. Iain shakes the trees and they fall to the ground, or on his head. It's actually pretty funny to watch. Gianna and I got the giggles one day secretly watching/filming him from the sunroom. (I'll have to post the video soon.)

I know this isn't a very interesting post, but for some reason I had a strong desire to document the Great Pear Crop of '09. I don't know what made me so enamored with them, but I took loads of pictures. Go figure.

Here are a few of shots of our pretty pears.









Oh, and I thought I'd throw in a few shots of some of my other favorite pears (pairs.)

I neglected to mention that we celebrated our 5 year anniversary of marriage while I took a little blogger break. Happy Anniversary to us!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! And happy anniversary! I'm following you now, looking forward to your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails