Tuesday, December 08, 2009

One degree of separation...

Well, I did it.  After 17 months of constant, deliberate and delightful attachment,
I separated from my little elf  for a day and a half.

A few weeks ago when my dear friend, Lisa, gave birth to sweet baby Joseph, I told her that I would return to spend a little time helping out - without my munchkin tagging along - so I can actually be, well.....helpful.
Lisa's husband is a firefighter and was working for 48 straight hours yesterday and today - and my husband was actually off of work - so it appeared that the stars were perfectly aligned for me to make a quick trip to New Roads.
I actually think it was wonderful for ALL of us.  It was nice (and necessary) to step out of my little world and, as much as I missed her, it was nice to have a little time away from my baby.
It was so nice for Gianna and her Daddy to have some serious bonding time.
And as for baby Joseph ~

...well, he was exceptionally yummy

and content

and adored

especially by his big sister, who was in many of the pictures...

...and you can see why.  So precious and photogenic.

And I only captured one of Matthew, the big brother, and lover of all things military:

He was standing at attention in this photo and I asked him, "Matthew, are you lovingly guarding your little brother?"

"No," he replied, "I just wanted to be in the picture."
Funny kid.
********************************
And we can't forget Joseph's mommy...

who was the lucky recipient of a beautiful gummy grin.

Ahhhh.....there's nothin' like a newborn.

Well, except maybe, an adorable, spirited seventeen month old that just so happens to belong to a super-appreciative and blessed mommy:

I was completely prepared for her to be a little distant or angry with me when I returned home tonight.  Instead, I was met with a grin, a gasp and full-on sprint all the way down the hallway, through the living room and into my longing arms ---- just where she belongs!
Oh - and it was pretty special to come home to a clean straightened house and grilled supper by an adoring husband who also happens to belong to me.
Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you, Maria!!! What a great what to give so lovingly of yourself and to receive love from your sweet funny adorable husband. 2 birds with one stone... so to speak.

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails