Saturday, February 27, 2010

Did you know....?

...that you can back up your blog?  I had no clue until recently.  Since I technically started blogging on Shutterfly, I've continued to archive all my posts there even after I switched to Blogger....which is WAY more work than I have time for.  So I realized that Blogger can back up your work and export your blog to your hard drive. 
This may be old news to many of you, but it's helpful information if you're unaware.

Here's what you do:
  • Sign into your blog and get to the Dashboard (If you're already logged in, go to Customize on the top right.
  • Click on the blog you want to manage (if you have more than one)
  • There will be several tabs underneath the name of your blog
  • Click SETTINGS
  • It should bring you right to the tab that says Basic Settings.
  • (If it brings you to another tab, then click on the tab that says Basic Setttings)
  • The first thing you'll see at top left is Blog Tools (this is where you want to be)
  • To the right of blog tools, you'll see "Import Blog, Export Blog, Delete Blog" all in blue lettering
  • Click on Export Blog
  • There will be a big orange button that says, DOWNLOAD BLOG.  Click that.
  • You're file download screen will appear with buttons that say, "Open, Save, Cancel"
  • Click Save
  • Tell it where you want it saved (Choose your destination file.)
  • Voila!  You have a hard copy of your blog.
That's it. Easy Breezy.  Now go and back up your blog!  Right now.  Go. You can come back here later.

***************************************************
Oh, and if you subscribe to your own blog in a READER (I use Google Reader), you can also always access all your individual posts. That's come in handy for me when on several occasions I noticed several posts missing from my line-up. 
(I always keep track of the # of posts I have in the Edit Post under the Posting tab. If the number has changed, I know something's not right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails