Holy Cow!.....that sure sounds old. Just four months away from her 2nd birthday. Yikes!
I am in constant amazement of how the time we spent waiting for a child seemed to c-r-a-w-l by and the time once that child comes seems to SPEED by.
I am soaking up every minute with her though...and by far, it was certainly worth the wait.
I've gotten such a kick out of the words she says, how she uses them and her pronunciations. Here are a few of my favorites that I want to always remember...
- "Ah luz you." (I love you.)
- "Mote. Wash." (Remote. Watch.) Asking to watch a video as she brings me the "mote."
- "Chuch. Jeeeezus. Shhhhh."
- "Oh deeyah." (Oh Dear) says this A LOT!
- Bes-shoo." (God bless you.....says without prompting after someone sneezes.)
- "Oooooh, baby."
- "Aw Bet-tah." (All better.)
- Mee Maw & Pee Paw (Grandma & Grandpa: her own translation)
- "Reh-deee" (ready)
- "Wap-pul" (waffle)
- "Maaah- kss" (Max- our dog)
- "Bay-yah" (bear)
- "Bay-yull" (Bell - sounds like the cutest little country bumpkin when she says it.)
- "Sank Cue" or "Tank Cue" or "Zank cue" (Thank you.) As Iain was helping her finish supper last night and I was doing something else, she looked up at me and said on her own, "Tank Cue, Mommy." (For preparing her supper.) Sweet Girl.