But, let's not start there. Let's begin with the positive points..
- We drove through the night and arrived in Kansas "Titties" 15 hours after we left home. She didn't sleep near as much as we though/hoped she would, but she really traveled beautifully. It was a fairly easy trip.
- Gianna warmed up to her grandparents instantly to all of our delight/relief. Instead of Abuelito and Abuelito (the Spanish version of Grandpa and Grandma), she calls them Tito and Tita. It's adorable and they're eating it up.
- She met her only cousin, Steven (aka: Steeben) for the first time and is quite smitten with him.
- The inlaws' house is multi-level. It's been quite a feat trying to keep Gianna away from the stairs.
- She saw me on the stairs and ran to me breaking through the safety gate. Good thing I caught her.
- She swung her foot through the banister and sent a huge glass clock and picture frame crashing to their demise.
- She hasn't traveled much s's been a toddler. Apparently the Pack n' Play is foreign to her now and she refused to sleep in it -screaming incessantly when we tried putting her down in it.
- The room we're staying in is a little bigger than our closet at home with a full sized bed that barely fits Gianna's not-so-slight parents.
- New sleeping arrangement? Palette on the floor WITH her mother sleeping on the floor next to her. Whaddayagonna do? At least she's sleeping.
- Super clingy to mom.
- Three of her four canine teeth are coming in this week.
- She ran 102* fever for two mornings in a row and hasn't been herself. Took her to an Urgent Care Center today - and she has an ear infection (thankfully it's only her 2nd one) Let the antibiotics begin.
Tomorrow we leave here and head for Branson.