Friday, March 25, 2011

Shangri La Gardens - Part II

Just in case you missed the first post, you can find it here.
+
I'm still so impressed just how much there was to see at Shangrila.  There was lots of little ponds and lakes showcasing the most amazing cypress trees dripping with moss and lots of visible wildlife.


 The nesting egrets took my breath away.  I was not prepared for the amount of birds we would see.  They have a little wooden observatory so you can watch them without interrupting their habitat.





+ + + + + + + + + +
As you would guess, spring is an exceptionally wonderful time to visit Shangri-la Gardens.
The flowers are in bloom and there are splashes of color everywhere.
(Allergies were a little nuts, but not as bad as I expected.)






(Gianna watching the egrets nest in the observatory)

+ + + + + + + + +
We didn't make our way through the entire gardens because, well -- we had a two year old and we were infringing upon her regular naptime.  I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

I did want to mention that you can bring your own food for a picnic lunch.  They have tables set up restaurant style under oak trees.  I had my act together enough to prepare food for Gianna for the day, but not for my mom and me.  There's an awesome cafe they that makes really great food (gourmet sandwhiches, etc.) SO remarkable good.  It's a nice way to treat yourself.
Admission for adults is $6.
Seniors $5
Children 3-18 $4
and under 3 is FREE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I was always curious, now we will definitely have to visit!

    ReplyDelete

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails