Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes


Last time I made pumpkin pancakes, they were just pumpkin shaped. This time they are pumpkin flavored too. Thought I'd share:



PUMPKIN PANCAKES
2 c. Bisquick mix (I use the Heart Smart version)
2 tbsp. brown sugar (light)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice (You can substitute Pumpkin Pie spice.)
1 1/2 c. canned milk (I use fat-free evaporated milk.)
1/2 c. pumpkin
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Bake on hot griddle until browned.

You can even tint the batter with food coloring, and use a squeeze bottle or ziploc bag to make the perfect pumpkin shaped pankcake. (I'm hoping that with a little practice, mine will look less like peaches and more like pumpkins!) They really are yummy. Even the munchkin ate more than one.


* I made waffles with the leftover batter and they tasted fine but were kind of limp. Not sure if it was my mistake or if batter is just better for pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails