Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Playdates

Well, it seems our baby girl has been on more dates in fifteen months than I've had in my entire life. For some reason - our lives have been generously seasoned by multitudes of precious little boys....which if fine by us.

First there was 9 month old Benjamin. He and his mom, Sarah came to play. Like Gianna, Benjamin loves balls - so I pulled out the trusty ol' ball pit.

Can you just suck the pudding out of those cheeks?

I think Benjamin was so excited/overwhelmed by all the balls - that he went into hoarding mode. It was so cute.


Benjamin, Sarah & Gianna
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And then there was John Paul. John Paul is six weeks younger than Gianna and came over today with his mom, Kate. It seems as though these two munchkins are cut from the same cloth. Maybe it's the age.

It seems the ball pit has the power to unite little ones. They didn't stay in too long since we quickly became aware of their plot to empty the pen two balls at a time. (They're both really good pitchers.)

After lunch, the two watched a little video. Is that the cutest thing? Check out the sweet little hand-holding.

We're so glad John Paul feels comfortable with us.

I have to say that it has been pure joy re-connecting with my sweet friends that I came to know during my youth ministry days. (Yes, I was the youth minister. They were the youth. Feel free to do the math.)

As a "late-bloomer" in the marriage and baby world, I often would lament the fact that most of my friends that I grew up with were chapters ahead of me, married for years and parenting school-age and teenage children.
God has been so gracious in surrounding me with so many precious young moms alongside whom I have the privelege of raising my own family with. Watching them become women, wives and moms and friends has been such blessing to me. Sharing their journeys as a companion -- pure gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It means a lot that you took the time to leave a message!

Related Posts with Thumbnails